In honor of Thomas Jefferson, an award in his name is presented each year to outstanding Jefferson County individuals and organizations whose works have contributed significantly to the knowledge and conservation of our historic resources.
For more information,
call (205) 592-6610.
Recommended sites of interest!|
- Be Your Own House detective
The history of a home can disappear if no one takes interest in its background.
- Birmingham Art Association
Founded in 1908, this all-volunteer non-profit organization helps artists, writers and performers gain exposure in the community.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Birmingham Genealogical Society - The Birmingham Genealogical Society has a long history of providing help to researchers by providing links to other genealogical sites, posting queries by researchers, providing information about BGS guest speakers, and providing research materials of the Birmingham area.
- Birmingham Historical Society
Established in 1942, the Birmingham Historical Society's mission is to contribute to the quality of life in Birmingham by preserving, learning from, and celebrating its past while helping to shape its future.
- Birmingham History Center - The Birmingham History Center collects and preserves an array of historic objects, books, clothing, photographs, machinery, documents and other items of historic significance to Birmingham and Jefferson County communities.
- Birmingham-Jefferson Historical Society
- Birmingham Public Library
- Birmingham rewound - Remembering the post-war Magic City.
- Bluff Park, Alabama - The Bluff Park, Alabama Neighborhood Web Site - For, about and by Bluff Park, Alabama
- City Council of Birmingham, Alabama
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Birmingham, Alabama
- Cultural Events Calendar for 12 Counties in Central Alabama
- Historic Norwood, Alabama
- Jefferson County Commission, Alabama
- Jefferson County Library Cooperative - Your link to the 39 public libraries of Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Leeds Folk Festival - Bring your family to Leeds Sept 17-18 for the fourth-annual Leeds Downtown Folk Festival and John Henry Celebration.
- Leeds Historical Society
- Leeds Scenic Byway
- West Jefferson County Historical Society - The West Jefferson County Historical Society was constituted in 1972 in Bessemer, Alabama to advocate the wise preservation of the region's historic properties.